Corporate Social Responsibility
In these difficult times, Gregory’s recognises the effort made daily by many of our fellow citizens to cover basic needs that many of us often take for granted. Unfortunately, even providing a daily meal is often a struggle for many of our fellow citizens.
That is why Gregory’s actively supports the non-profit organisation “Boroume”, helping to reduce food waste and combat hunger. We donate more than 500,000 micromeals a year to “Boroume” and other local organisations, to help cover the needs in food of our fellow citizens. We believe that in this way we offer a small measure of relief, a small break, in the difficult daily lives of some of our fellow citizens.
Protecting the environment is a matter that concerns us all, and in recognition of the debt we owe the community we at Gregory’s invest in the protection of the environment and the proper management of waste and natural resources. And we are constantly trying to boost our environmental performance by implementing environmental programmes.
• Paper recycling: dedicated disposal bins have been placed in our offices, which are then sent on to a recycling company.
• Ink and toner recycling: dedicated disposal bins have been placed in offices, which are then sent on to a recycling company.
• Light bulb recycling: dedicated recycling bins have been placed in offices, which are then sent on to a recycling company
• Energy consumption in the offices is closely monitored
• For waste disposal from the company’s premises we collaborate with alternative waste management companies, such as AFIS for the recycling of batteries and Appliances Recycling SA for the recycling of electrical and electronic waste.
• Wherever possible store waste is sorted
• We recycle cooking fat/oil
• A pilot programme is being implemented in certain stores for the recycling of espresso coffee grounds for the production of biomass through Biorecycling Ltd
• We continually inform and promote the awareness of employees in our offices and stores in matters of Environmental Management and proper waste management.